Canadian work permit visa Circular has been published. In an ever-globalizing world, Canada has emerged as a land of opportunity, attracting individuals from all corners of the globe to its shores. For many Bangladeshis seeking to explore new horizons and broaden their career prospects, the Canada Work Permit Visa is a gateway to realizing their dreams. This document, often seen as a stepping stone to more permanent residency options, offers access to Canada’s diverse job market and a chance to experience the country’s renowned quality of life.
Canada’s robust and dynamic economy, coupled with its welcoming immigration policies, has made it a prime destination for skilled workers and professionals from around the world, including Bangladesh. Whether you are a software engineer, healthcare professional, or a tradesperson, there are avenues to explore in the Great White North.
What is Canadian Work Permit Visa?
A Canadian Work Permit Visa, also known simply as a Canadian work permit, is an official document issued by the Canadian government that allows foreign nationals to legally work in Canada for a specified period of time. This permit is typically required when an individual wants to work in Canada temporarily and is not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Who are eligible to apply:
The eligible person of this category of visa are:
- An Expert/adviser/employee/individual who appointed in a government/ semi-government/ autonomous bodies/ projects and equivalent organization in Bangladesh
- An Individual who employed in local/foreign government/semi-government/liaison/industrial/commercial organization or other equivalent organizations in Bangladesh
- Individuals appointed under local/foreign government/ semi-government contractor ship and in equivalent organization in Bangladesh
- An Individual who intend to do honorary work (without salary) with Registered NGOs in Bangladesh.
Duration of visa:
A work permit/employment visa may be issued for maximum three (03) months with single, double or multiple entries. Duration of stay in this category is maximum 90 days in each visit.
Extension of visa:
Extension up to three (03) years could be obtained from Department of Immigration and Passport (DIP)in Bangladesh.
Please note that the validity of the visa begins from the date of issue and not from the date of travel on your application form.
Canada Work Permit Visa Fees
Visa fees are determined on the basis of reciprocity with the country of the foreign national seeking visa. Please note that visa fee is non-refundable even if visa is denied or if visa application is withdrawn. Unless decided otherwise, visa for Canadian passport holders is CAD 200 (multiple entries) and CAD 100 (single entry). However, separate visa fees are applicable for nationals of other countries
You may send your visa application by post along with passport and all other required documents and a self address written prepaid envelope. In order to receive visa by post you must pay the visa fee by postal order or bank draft in favour of ‘Bangladesh High Commission, Ottawa, Canada’ and allow at least 05 (Five) working days from the date of receiving the application.
The following documents are required at the time of submission of your application:
a) Printed copy of duly filled in online VISA application form and signed accordingly;
b) Recent passport size colour photo- 2 (Two) copies with white background;
c) Original Passport (valid at least for six months) with photocopy of photo page;
d) A Letter from concern employer of Bangladesh mentioning the applicant’s position in the organization.
e) Appointment letter and contract papers with full terms and conditions including salary details.
f) Recommendation letter from the concern Ministry in Bangladesh/BOI/BEPZA
Visa application processing times may vary from applicant to applicant, and in some case will require additional administrative processing and we cannot expedite these requirements, therefore we recommend you not to purchase flight ticket until you have your passport along with visa, returned to you.
Standard time to process a visa application, Bangladesh High Commission,Ottawa requires at least seven (07) working days.
If the Bangladesh High Commission requires an applicant to attend an interview, Consular section of Bangladesh High Commission will contact the applicant and inform the date and time of the interview accordingly.
“Please note that the validity of visa starts from the date of issue and not from the date of travel”
Visa by Post:
You may send your visa application by post along with passport and all other required documents and a self address written prepaid envelope. In order to receive visa by post you must pay the visa fee by postal order or bank draft in favour of ‘Bangladesh High Commission, Ottawa, Canada’ and allow at least 10 (Ten) working days from the date of receiving the application.
How to apply Canada Work Permit Visa from Bangladesh
All the applicants are requested to follow the four (04) steps of application process to get your visa in time
All the applicants who wants to apply for Bangladesh visa, at first they are requested to fill in the online application form (Manually filled visa application is not acceptable) for Machine Readable Visa (MRV). Please read the guideline to fill in the visa application form carefully before you start your application.
Bangladesh High Commission, Ottawa strongly advise you to ensure the followings at the time of fill in online application for visa:
- Passport details
- Address & phone number in Bangladesh,
- Email address.
After completing all the steps of online visa application form, please check all your information carefully before submit the application online. After submitting the online application, you will get a pdf file of your application for download.
- Do not use MAC pc to fill up the form.
- The online Bangladesh government application form may not be available for all browsers. If you are unable to access the online form, we recommend that you try another browser such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
- Please read the instructions carefully before you start your application.
Incomplete application form or application with incorrect information or insufficient supporting papers may be rejected without citing any reason thereof. Applicant may be called for an interview if it is felt necessary by the visa issuing officer.
If the below link is not working, please visit the link and fill in the application: www.visa.gov.bd
APPOINTMENT FOR SUBMISSION APPLICATION
You need a prior appointment in order to submit your visa application at the consular wing of Bangladesh High Commission, Ottawa.
For Appointment Please click here
All applicants are requested to visit visa section of this website to know the visa category and documents requirements thereof. Please arrange all the required supporting documents for visa application.
Before coming to the Bangladesh High Commission, Ottawa, you are requested to ensure the followings:
- Printed copy of the online application form.
- Signature of applicant in application form within the signature marked area.
- Original passport for at least 06 months with minimum two blank pages.
- Two (02) recent passport size photographs with white background.
- All the supporting documents as mentioned in your respective visa category.
- You may pay the visa fees at the counter of the consular section of Bangladesh High Commission by Debit/Credit card or
- Postal order (addressed to Bangladesh High Commission, Ottawa) or
- Bank draft (addressed to Bangladesh High Commission, Ottawa)
Please collect your passport from the Counter, Consular, Bangladesh High Commission, Ottawa on the suggested date.
Delivery time for visa : 2.30 pm to 4:00pm (Monday – Friday), except holiday.
Please note that the validity of the visa begins from the date of issue by the High Commission of Bangladesh and not from the date of travel on your application form.
Once the Bangladesh visa has been granted, then a printed copy of visa sticker will be attached on an entire page in your passport. Please check the details carefully for any spelling mistakes and or validity etc. as marked below:
- Your Surname (Last Name) as stated in your Passport.
- Your Name (Given Name) including Middle Name, if any, as given in the Passport.
- Passport Number as in Passport.
- Correct Photographs.
- Visa Type: i.e. T = Tourist, B = Business, X = Entry.
- Number of Entries: Multiple, Double, or Single.
- Date of Issue.
- Date of Expiration.