International Bereaved Mothers Day is celebrated every year on the first Sunday in May. This day is celebrated in honor of all the mothers who have lost a child. This day is also a day to recognize women who cannot be mothers due to infertility or other health reasons. Mothers Day is one of the hardest days for many women worldwide.
Every year on the first Sunday in May, Bereaved Mother’s Day is observed; this year, it falls on May 5.
National Bereaved Mothers Day: History
In 2010, Carlie Marie Dudley started International Bereaved Mothers Day. She is from Australia. She started the day in honor of her stillborn son, whose name is Christian. Since its inception, the day has helped bereaved mothers worldwide connect, heal, and find hope for the future. The bereaved word mother means someone who is suffering the death of a loved one. The one who is bereaved comforts the bereaved.
Every year Mother’s Day is celebrated all over the world, but what about the mothers who have lost a child? How will they be able to celebrate mothers day? They would feel their heart filling with grief. Thus, they deserve their special day, Bereaved Mothers Day.
National Bereaved Mothers Day: Celebration
Here are some ways you can celebrate National Bereaved Mothers DAY:
- Help a friend: If you have a friend who has been through a loss and is a bereaved mother, then you should definitely celebrate this day! It will help your friend to cope with loss and enjoy a special day dedicated to her and her healing heart.
- Help a family member: You may have a relative or a family member who is a bereaved mother. If so, you can celebrate this day with them. Take advantage of this day to help them heal themself from the grief of losing a child.
- Help yourself: It is normal to feel grief upon losing a child if you are a bereaved mother. It is normal to feel alone during Mother’s Day. But remember, you cannot push yourself forever; you have so many friends and family who genuinely love you and care for you. Thus celebrate this day to heal and move forward with more positive things in your life.
- Give a gift or letter to a Bereaved Mother: You can spread the celebration by spreading gifts or letters to all the Bereaved mothers you know. This will show your empathy and appreciation to the bereaved mother.
- Learn the right way to comfort: Learn how to relax a grieving mother properly. So that your message and kindness reach her heart; thus, learn some techniques before you go on empathizing with bereaved mothers you personally know.
- Celebrate on social media: You can go ahead and celebrate this day on social media. For example, you can use #BereavedMothersDay so that your friends and relatives who do not know about this celebration exist can also acknowledge this day.
Read more: National Beverage Day
National Bravery Day: Message, Quotes, and Wishes:
- A mother who has endured the unthinkable and yet she still loves with every ounce of her being is the bravest and deserves all the happiness.
- The mothers who have endured the worst pain and still are brave enough to face another day are the strongest.
- Today is Bereaved Mother’s Day. This is the day where we hold space for mothers who have endured the unfathomable loss of a child and have their hearts filled with sadness.
- To every mother who is mourning the death of a child, we hold you in our hearts this International Bereaved Mother’s Day and are always here for you. We know you are stronger than you are.
- International Bereaved Mother’s Day is the Sunday before the International Mothers Day. Today to all those women who carry a child in their hearts, we see you and hear you and think of you every day.
- Losing a mother is one of the deepest sorrows a heart can know, but her best, caring, and wisdom leave a legacy that will live in your heart forever. May that love surround you and bring you peace in your heart.
This day is celebrated in honor of all the mothers who have ever lost a child. It is a reminder that love always stays strong and keeps us looking forward.