The United States of America celebrates May 16 as National BBQ Day. People across the country make and taste a variety of barbecues on this day.
National BBQ Day: History
In the traditional way, BBQ used to be prepared by digging a hole, laying meat over a pot, and covering the hole with leaves. The beef used to be cooked slowly.
The history of BBQ starts from the beginning of Caribbean culture. The first mention of BBQ is found on the island of Hispaniola. Christopher Columbus saw Hispaniolan tribes cooking meat over an open fire. Then Spanish culture adopted this and named this process barbacoa or barbeque.
Explorer Hernando De Soto photographed the Chickasaw tribe preparing pigs this way, back in 1540. Then at some point settlers of that locality started cooking meat on the barbeque. Eventually, BBQ became the typical method of grilling we follow nowadays.
Read more: National Beach Day
The National BBQ Day Celebration
Grillers choose how they want their meat in the world of barbeque. They consider themselves barbeque experts, regardless of whether they use charcoal, wood charcoal, wood, gas, or slow cooking. Traditionally, there are four sorts of BBQ regions in the United States:
- Texas: Slow-cooked beef is covered with a smoky dry rub and barbecued on smoker grills.
- Kansas: A tomato and molasses-based sauce are used to slow cook a range of beef and hog cuts.
- Memphis: Pork with a dry rub is cooked low and slow to acquire the smokey BBQ characteristics.
- Carolina: Slow-roasted pork is cooked in a sauce made with a vinegar-ketchup base.
How to Celebrate National BBQ Day?
- Organize a BBQ: Hosting a BBQ for friends and family in your garden or roof-top is an easy way to celebrate the day. Cook, eat, and have a good time!
- Participate in a BBQ eating contest: You can participate in a BBQ eating contest. It might become a little clumsy, but the occasion will undoubtedly be enjoyable.
- Create new recipes: Experiment with several barbeque sauce recipes for steaks and burgers. See how fun that turns out.
- Visit Restaurants: You can visit your favorite restaurant and enjoy their yummy barbecue.
- Use hashtags: Use the hashtags #NationalBBQDay and #NationalBarbecueDay on social media to share your BBQ experiences.
National BBQ Day: Quotes, Wishes, and Messages
- I wish you a happy National BBQ Day. Never pass up the opportunity to enjoy a BBQ, which will undoubtedly make your evening perfect.
- Barbeque has a special quality that not only provides a delicious dinner but also draws people together. Happy National BBQ Day!
- Warm greetings on the occasion of National BBQ Day. The only way to make this day unforgettable is to consume some grilled food.
- BBQ Day honors the delectable food of barbecue as well as the essence it embodies. So I’m hoping you’ll be eating a lot of barbeque on this day.
- I’d like to wish all of my fellow batchmates a happy BBQ day, and I’d like to extend an invitation to you to my home on May 16th.
- Whatever you choose to do to celebrate National BBQ Day 2024, whether it’s a BBQ at home or a barbeque with friends, everything goes.
- BBQ Day is a great way to spend time with family and friends while thinking about what you’re grateful for. I hope you have a wonderful holiday and make the most of it.
- May God shower you and your family with a plethora of blessings on this BBQ Day, and may your plate be brimming with them.
May 16 serves as a reminder of how good food is available in the United States. Visit a restaurant or cook in your garden. Just make sure you enjoy the occasion with zeal!