Japan work visa is now open for Bangladeshi citizens who are educated and skilled. As the labor market is shrinking across the middle east, our old friend Japan has decided to invite Bangladeshi workers through Japan work visa.
Bangladesh and Japan signed an MoC on 27 August 2019 about taking specified skilled workers from Bangladesh. Under this memorandum of cooperation, Japan will continue to take skilled Bangladeshi workers till 2025, says Imran Ahmed, Expatriates Welfare and Overseas Employment Minister.
Japan Work Visa 2019 Requirements
Not just anyone is eligible to apply for the Japan work visa. Japan’s government has set the parameters to be able to apply for this visa. Please take a look at the requirements that you need to fulfill before applying for the above-mentioned posts.
- The applicant has to be a permanent citizen of Bangladesh.
- The applicant must learn the Japanese language.
- The applicant must have any specific skills related to the work sectors mentioned above.
Applicants need the following documents while applying for Japan work visa.
- Application form
- Valid Passport
- Old Passport (if any)
- Two photos (check this link for photo requirements: https://www.bd.emb-japan.go.jp/en/visa/photo.html)
- Eligibility Certificate
- Documents explaining activity of applicants in Japan (if any)
- Documents explaining activity of Company in Japan (if any)
- All former employment certificates (if any)
- Original Academic Certificates and photo registration card (if any)
Japan Work Visa Category
Japan will take specified skilled workers in 15 sectors under 2 categories. We will discuss the categories in detail. The 2 categories will be –
- Category I
- Category II
The sectors in which Japan will take the workforce include:
- Care Worker
- Electronics and Information
- Ship Building and Ship Machinery
- Automobile Maintenance
- Aviation Industry
- Building Cleaning Management
- Industry Machinery
- Accommodation Industry
- Agriculture, Fishery and Aquaculture
- Manufacture of Food and Beverages
- Food Services
- Electrical Industries
- Machine Parts and Tooling
- Precast Manufacturing Works
Japan Work Visa Salary and Facilities
Workers would not be recruited directly from here. Rather, they will be divided into two categories which we mentioned earlier. Those who want to go to Japan as a worker, have to learn the Japanese language and any of the specific skills before applying. After the examination, the Japan government will make a panel of passed candidates and Japanese companies will select the required workforce from that list based on their skill level.
There is no fixed salary as it will vary depending upon companies. Usually, category I contract can be renewed for five years if they have good language skills and other skills in their field but they aren’t allowed to take their spouses along with them.
In category II, the salary will be higher as it requires a higher level of skills and are allowed to take their spouses and children with them.
Japan Work Visa Fee
It is a great initiative that Japan has started taking Bangladeshi workers free of cost. After the candidates pass the Japanese language test and specific skill test, they will be shortlisted and Japanese companies will select their required workers from the list through the governments of both countries.
This is called ‘Zero Cost Migration’ so nobody should fall in any traps who lure them with attracting salary and other facilities. It may cause a loss in your valuable time and money.
Here is to remind you again. Japan work visa is free of cost.
Japan Work Visa Form
If you are already skilled and know the Japanese Language, you can collect the visa form and apply for the posts. Here are two ways in which you can collect the visa form.
- Go to the following address:
Japan Embassy Dhaka, Bangladesh
Embassy of Japan Consular and Visa Section
Plot No. 5 & 7, Dutabash Road, Baridhara, Dhaka.
Phone: 02-9840010, Fax: 02-9841591
You can collect the visa form from the embassy gate from 9 am to 5 pm from Sunday to Thursday.
- Click on this link:https://www.bd.emb-japan.go.jp/en/visa/visaadditional.html. You will find the Visa Application Form button on the right. Click on the button and the visa form will be downloaded.
As the government is working for the welfare of expatriates worldwide, it will be very helpful for our youth to take proper education and work with integrity in Japan, one of our old friends.