May 29 is celebrated as National Biscuit Day in the United States and the UK every year. Biscuits are versatile food whether you prepare them at home or buy them from any shop. Different types of biscuits in various shapes are found almost worldwide. Everybody loves a biscuit with their taste and demand.
Biscuit is not a modern invention and was a staple food for the ancient Egyptians and Roman soldiers on long sailing expeditions. It is mainly a dry food that lasts longer on long journeys or trips. Biscuits are commonly prepared with flour, baking powder, salt, buttermilk, milk, and sometimes sugar.
History of National Biscuit Day
Taking live food with a cook was the first solution to the need for wholesome, durable foods that could be easily transported on long journeys, especially at sea. But this would need more room, given the means of transportation at the time, which were either horses or small ships. This would ultimately result in the baking of processed cereals, offering a more dependable food source.
National Biscuit Day is a food day initiated in 1630 when Charles, King of England, was born. The ‘Merry Monarch’ tea was imported to England during his government. On December 23, 1675, he announced that May 29 would be National Day.
Read more: National Beverage Day
How to celebrate National Biscuit Day
The Day is fun, and its celebration differs from one to another. Biscuit lover is everywhere in the world, and their day should be celebrated with joy and fun. Let’s see some ideas to celebrate the Day.
Treat Friends and Family
Everybody is fond of biscuits. Different types and shapes of biscuits are available in the market. The Day is fun; we can treat our friends and family with different types of biscuits. Friends and family members may be requested to prepare different types of biscuits. Everyone will gather at any place or home, and let’s celebrate this Day with biscuits and tea.
Arrange competition with different biscuit recipes
On this Day, we can arrange a biscuit preparation competition among friends, family members, and colleagues. Biscuits are different recipes and different shapes. All invitees will be requested to prepare different biscuits and present them in front of others. A panel of judges will taste the biscuits. The winner may be awarded different types of biscuits as a prize.
Spread the joy on the internet
Posting with the hashtag #NationalBiscuitDay on social media will help you spread the word about National Biscuit Day. Remember to give your friends and followers some homemade recipes.
National Biscuit Day: Quotes, Wishes, and Messages
- As the year passed and I am passing another year, getting older. But not old enough for biscuits. If there is tea and biscuits, you do not need any friends- Happy National Biscuit Day.
- Biscuits are always my breakfast, lunch, and dinner partner!
- An opportunity is similar to a biscuit submerged in tea; if dropped, the biscuit is gone. Happy National Biscuit Dayhing healthy, but my bag is overflowing with biscuits when I get home!
- I always intend to buy some.
- My mother is as soft and sweet as a biscuit; whenever I eat one, I miss her even more. Happy National Biscuit Day.
- Today is National Biscuit Day; make some biscuits and share them with friends and family.
- There is no replacement for biscuits; if there is tea, there is a biscuit! Happy National Biscuit Day.
- Feeling bore? Have a biscuit! Your whole day will be refreshing! Happy National Biscuit Day.
- You need a cup of tea and biscuits to take a break from your busy life.
Thus this day is a fun day with friends and family. Every biscuit lover must enjoy the day and taste different types of biscuits.