Eye Lens Price in Bangladesh: Colored lenses are used to enhance the beauty of the eyes. Lenses are also used to get rid of eye problems. Those who are reluctant to wear glasses also wear contact lenses. However, the use of contact lenses is usually to change the look. Your eye’s front surface, the cornea, is in charge of focusing light onto the retina, which is located at the rear of the eye. The lens is a thin layer of transparent glass or plastic that covers the cornea.
Remember, eyes are our precious and sensitive organs. A small mistake can cause big damage to the eyes. Eye infection, corneal ulcer, loss of vision due to not following eye doctor’s advice and lens usage rules properly.
Benefits of Using Eye Lens
Using eye lenses has a few benefits and features. The primary advantage is that they improve vision. They can also change an object’s size and shield the eyes from wind and sunlight, among other features.
- For those who are required to wear glasses or contacts, eye lenses are immensely beneficial. They have many benefits and features that can increase the comfort, convenience, and adaptability of wearing contacts or glasses.
- Any face shape or style of eyeglasses can be fitted with adjustable eye lenses. They therefore fit a wide range of face shapes and sizes quite well.
- Since eye lenses are frequently lighter than other kinds of eyewear, wearing them for extended periods of time is easier and more comfortable.
- By treating astigmatism, farsightedness, and nearsightedness, eye lenses can also improve vision.
- This makes them a great option for those who require corrective eye surgery or glasses but do not want to wear contacts or traditional glasses all the time.
Eye Lens Price in Bangladesh
The maximum retail price of eye lenses has been fixed by the Department of Drug Administration, Govt. From now on, the price of 129 types of lenses from 29 importers ranges from a minimum of 143 taka to a maximum of 1 lakh 26 thousand taka. The directorate has mandated that the patients receive lenses at this cost.
The Department of Medicines Administration in a notification has said that the Maximum Retail Price (MRP) of the lenses should not be included in the package. The patient needs to give a cash memo that includes the lens’s name, its maximum retail price, and its manufacturing nation.
Following cataract surgery, a pack of lenses ought to be given to the patient. The lens packet should have the date of manufacture, expiration date, country of manufacture and maximum retail price on it, so that surgeons can look at it and give instructions.
Eye Lens Price in Bangladesh List
Analyzing the pricing list of the department, it has been found that the United States imports the most 49 types of lenses in Bangladesh. Next is India. 42 types of lenses are being imported from the country. After that, 11 types of lenses are being imported from the UK, four types from Thailand, Belgium, Germany, Barbados and Hungary, two types from Singapore, Japan and Greece and one type from Spain. Here is a short list:
|PC-60 era model
|Haya Vivinix Toric
|Trefold-Fodable of India
|Optima VUE 3
|Icrell Plus Hydraulic
|US acute PMMA
|Acrosof IQ Toric
|Acrosof IQ Aspheric
|Acrosof IQ VVT
|Softech of Barbados
|Germany City Lucia 621 PY
In case of selling more than the prescribed price, immediate action will be taken against the concerned organization as per the Medicines and Cosmetics Act. The Medicines and Cosmetics Act provides for a two-year jail term and a fine of Tk 2 lakh if the charge is proved. Along with that, the department can take immediate action against the organization.